MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
Our equine clinic has the most technologically advanced standing MRI machine available, used for both clients and those referred from other veterinary practices.
What can MRI show us?
Unlike X-rays, MRI is capable of imaging both soft tissues and bones in a specific area up to the level of the knee and the hock.
You can take the guesswork out of the cause of your horse’s lameness by utilising the latest technology – our Hallmark MRI scanner:
- Precise diagnosis
- Rapid results
- Specific prognosis
- Optimum treatment
Should your horse be suffering with lameness or poor performance issues, please discuss with your usual Oakhill Vet.
If you wish to be referred to us from another veterinary practice, please contact your vet in the first instance.
Benefits of our standing MRI scanner
- No need for an anaesthetic
- Show’s all anatomical structures in great detail
- Our images are interpreted by a world-renowned expert in MRI interpretation
- We have an outstanding reputation for obtaining the highest quality images worldwide
- Get an accurate diagnosis fast
- Short waiting times
- Successfully treat the problem so you can get back on board!