An exciting opportunity has arisen for a graduate veterinary surgeon to join our motivated, growing, and progressive farm animal practice in Preston, Lancashire. You will be part of a passionate team, providing a first rate, progressive service to our clients, utilising the latest kit, software, and in-house lab equipment.
You will be joining a friendly team, comprised of 12 farm vets, four vet techs, an export vet, a TB tester and four support staff.
- 4.5 day working week.
- Equally shared two vet OOH rota (1 in 11 first on call).
- Five weeks (23 days) paid holiday, plus day off in lieu following a weekend first on call or bank holiday.
- Competitive salary.
- Company car provided (if needed).
- BCVA membership.
- Company-owned accommodation (if needed) to help people relocate.
- Active and varied health and wellbeing programme.
- Full or part time positions considered.
Learning and development opportunities
CPD and further education is encouraged and fully supported.
- A wealth of experience in the team, with some holding postgraduate certificates in advanced veterinary practice (cattle), ruminant nutrition and DBRs.
- CPD paid days, training and support.
- Annual pay reviews and career progression opportunities.
- RCVS Approved Graduate Development Practice (VetGDP) with an established graduate mentoring programme.
Who are we?
Oakhill Farm Vets is an independently owned practice, and an active member of the XL Vets community. We have been established for over 40 years in the heart of Lancashire’s dairy farming heartland, dedicated to knowledge transfer, delivering an extensive farmer training and meeting schedule to our clients.
We are very fortunate to be located in a stunning region of the country, surrounded by the Forest of Bowland (area of outstanding natural beauty) and within close proximity of the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. Nearby major cities including Manchester and Liverpool are within an hour.
We have a strong team ethos and are committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive, with initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, together with support from our management team and regular social events outside of work.
Sounds good? Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Andy on 07717 497756 for an informal, confidential chat.