Annual Equine Client Evening 2023
**FULLY BOOKED** Join us on Tues 14th Nov to hear one of the equine world’s leading scientists, Dr David Marlin, present on the topic of “Don’t believe the marketing!” Busting equestrian myths.
Join us on Tues 14th Nov 2023
**THE EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED**
The Oakhill equine team are delighted to invite you to our Annual Equine Client Evening at Barton Manor Hotel on Tues 14th Nov.
This year we are pleased to announce that the world famous Dr David Marlin, whom many of you will follow his scientific data on social media, will be our guest speaker. David will present on the topic of:
“Don’t believe the marketing!” Busting equestrian myths.
Plus there will be two presentations from Oakhill’s own equine vets:
Roisin Wardle – The wonders of MRI further up the limb
Robert Peckham – Equine rescues: what to do when things go really wrong!
We promise an educational, fun-filled evening with competitions and prizes along the way!
Tues 14th Nov 2023
7pm arrival for 7:30pm start
Barton Manor Hotel, Garstang Rd, Barton, Preston PR3 5AA
Dr David MarlinDavid is one of the equine world’s leading scientists, having worked at the forefront of equine research for over 30 years. He is the President of the UK National Equine Welfare Council and is the President of the internationally established Sport Horse Welfare Foundation. In David’s illustrious career, he has:
- Worked for over 25 years on equine thermoregulation.
- Had 200+ equine scientific papers published.
- Worked with endurance horses in the Gulf.
- Advised the racing industry on the prevention of injury and better management protocols.
- Worked with the UK Government on legislation.
- Worked with numerous charities on thermal stress.
- Worked at the 1996 Atlanta, 2004 Athens, 2008 Bejing, 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games and 2018 Tryon World Equestrian Games.
- Authored the FEI Guidelines for the National Federations on the management of horses in thermally challenging conditions.