We’re looking for someone who excels in customer service and can work efficiently in a busy environment to join the reception team at our Lytham Road branch.
Oakhill Veterinary Centre are looking for an enthusiastic receptionist to join our team at our Lytham Road branch (Fulwood, PR2 8JB). We’re looking for someone who excels in customer service and can work efficiently in a busy environment.
Our reception teams are the first and often last point of contact that our patients and clients have – fulfilling a vital role in the success of our team ensuring an exceptional customer journey.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Welcome customers and their pets for appointments with a compassionate and professional attitude.
- Book appointments for customers who need to see a vet or vet nurse.
- Take payments, register new customers, and answer customers’ questions.
- Answer the telephone, direct calls to the appropriate people and take messages.
- Monitor company inbox and respond to emails.
- Handle medication prepared by the vets and hand to customers.
- Work within your team (and at times alone) to ensure the reception and waiting area are maintained to a high standard.
- Deal with worried or upset clients and connect them to the appropriate help.
- Carry out photocopying, typing of letters, scanning and filing on and offline.
- Complete any other ad-hoc tasks as required (within your capabilities).
The person we are looking for:
- Proven experience in a receptionist position or similar role. Experience within a veterinary business would be an advantage.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office with typing skills and administrative knowledge with an eye for detail is essential.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment and still maintain a high level of customer service and complete all tasks to a high standard.
- An excellent telephone manner and strong communication skills.
- Effective time management and skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ideally has some basic animal knowledge and a friendly, positive, proactive and committed attitude.
- A competitive salary dependent on skills and experience.
- Staff discount.
- On-going training & professional development.
- Well-being support in a friendly environment.
- Social events.
We have two positions available:
- 16 hours per week – Mon to Thurs 4pm-7pm & Fri 3pm-7pm.
- 33 hours per week – Tues & Weds 8am-4pm, Thurs 9am-7pm & Fri 12pm-7pm.
This role would ideally suit someone with a strong background in customer service with an interest in animals. Whatever your experience, if you’re passionate and would like to work within an energetic team we’d love to hear from you – email Deborah Pickervance at email@example.com
Please note all candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK and possess a strong level of written and spoken English.