Small Animal Vet
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a small animal veterinary surgeon to join our practice in Preston, Lancashire. You will see a great mix of both routine and emergency medical and surgical cases and will be fully supported by our friendly and experienced team.
Who are we?
Oakhill Veterinary Centre is a three-branch RCVS accredited practice offering a client-focused service to pets in and around Preston. Our talented team is made up of 14 veterinary surgeons, 20 registered veterinary nurses (RVNs) and 20 support staff.
We are a flexible employer, open to discussing working patterns which fit your needs, so welcome applications from candidates looking for full time or part time work.
Happy, caring and supportive working environment
We want all our team members to feel motivated and satisfied at work. That’s why we’re committed to creating a caring environment where everyone can thrive, with initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, together with support from our management team.
- Well equipped branches to allow full work up of your own cases with support from other team members.
- No OOH – we work in partnership with Vets Now for our out of hours service.
- Proudly independent practice with ongoing investment being made.
- Fantastic team of fully qualified RVNs at all branches.
- Five weeks paid holiday (pro rata for part time staff) plus bank holidays or day off in lieu.
- Regular team building and clinical meetings, along with whole company social events.
- VDS cover and another professional membership of your choice paid.
- Family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Company-owned accommodation (if needed) to help people relocate.
- Active and varied health and wellbeing programme for all.
Learning and development opportunities
We are proud to be a wholly independent and enthusiastic practice who actively encourage and support further education, including to certificate level. As part of an established team, you will be offered support and mentorship by experienced clinicians.
- Diverse and rewarding role as part of a team of vets with experience over a wide variety of disciplines.
- Fully-equipped branches with surgical and diagnostics, with a new state-of-art branch.
- Annual pay reviews and career progression opportunities.
- CPD paid days, training and support.
- RCVS Approved Graduate Development Practice.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with 2-3 years’ experience, but whatever your experience, if you’re passionate, reliable and get the job done, we’d love to hear from you! Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.