VET TECH SERVICES
Our highly skilled Vet Tech, works alongside our Farm Vet Team to offer a preventative approach to herd health. This cost effective service aims to provide peace of mind and maximise farm productivity.
The Vet Tech Calf Club is an effective way of covering all the basics when it comes to calf health and regular monitoring:
Performed as young as one day old up to 5/6 weeks old, our disbudding package includes local anaesthetic and NSAID plus preweaning growth rate monitoring.
Our service provides assurance that the task is complete prior to stressful periods such as moving or weaning.
Our Vet Tech can help with inputting data required for the supermarket contracts – saving you valuable time.
Vaccination is a key tool when it comes to protecting your herd’s health.
Our Vet Tech service offers:
- Administration of routine vaccinations and recording data such as batch number, expiry date against ear tag numbers.
- Implementation of vaccine management plans
Most supermarket contracts require mobility scoring to be done every 3 months.
Mobility scoring is a very useful tool for identifying and monitoring lameness in cows.
- Early detection of lameness = quicker treatment =quicker recovery = reduced costs
- Increased awareness of herd foot health
- Suitable for all heard health types and situations
- Provides figures for benchmarking performance
Measuring growth rates provides useful information on how well your cattle are doing.
- Minimise mortality
- Reduce replacement costs
- Quick and easy way to identify problems
- Optimal growth rates
- Heifers calving by 22-24 months, therefore become part of the milking herd sooner
- Excellent fertility
- Our Vet Tech can provide you with a detailed report.
Blood and faecal sampling are important tools when it comes to diagnosis.
- Total proteins and colostrum management can be monitored
- Calf scour investigations. Treatments differ depending on pathogens involved
- Early diagnosis is vital to maximize recovery