Free* ACTH tests now available throughout 2018
Testing for PPID in your horse or pony
A few years ago PPID or Equine Cushing’s Disease was considered a rare hormonal disease in horses. Now it is thought to affect over 20% of horses over the age of 15 and is a condition recognised almost daily in equine veterinary practice.
Past ‘Talk about Laminitis’ test results show that you should look out for any of these clinical signs in your horse:
- Abnormal or delayed moulting
- Muscle wastage
- Periorbital fat (fat round the eyes)
- Increased drinking and urinating
In 2017, thousands of laminitic patients benefitted from PPID being ruled in or out of their condition during the Talk About Laminitis campaign, as a result, the Talk About Laminitis campaign will continue offering FREE* ACTH testing throughout 2018.
You can claim your complimentary testing vouchers by visiting www.talkaboutlaminitis.co.uk.
Terms & Conditions:
- This free ACTH test voucher code is for the laboratory fees for a blood ACTH test only.
- Each voucher is only redeemable against an ACTH blood test where the patient has not been previously diagnosed with PPID, and is not valid for repeat testing or case monitoring.
- Full T&Cs can be found below.
- Oakhill blood sampling fee, visit fee and postage still apply.