Covid-19 Update – 15th April
Breaking (good) news – please read
Throughout these rapidly changing times we are following the guidance issued by our governing body, the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS).
On Tuesday, April 14th the RCVS have relaxed the restrictions placed on the veterinary industry. We have carefully considered this information and made sure we can follow this guidance while still protecting the health of our clients and staff. Currently:
· We are seeing pets for any health issues, so please ring as normal. Some of these consultations will be by telephone, some in practice as needed. Social distancing will continue to be strictly followed to protect both staff and clients.
· Primary vaccination courses in kittens and puppies (including first yearly boosters), and booster vaccinations for dogs (if your pet is nearing the 1 year and 3 month limit from their last annual booster), can be carried out to prevent emergence of disease.
· Rabies vaccinations can be done if required for certification purposes.
· Rabbit vaccinations can be carried out due to seasonal risk of disease.
· Neutering of dogs and cats can be undertaken if there is a risk to your pet’s health and welfare, or if necessary for population control.
· Rabbit neutering can be carried out for population control and prevention of aggression.
Thank you to all our wonderful clients for your patience and understanding through these difficult times. We will continue to issue further updates as information becomes available.